For the overall administration and direction of IROC, two principal investigators (PIs)—David S. Followill, PhD (for radiation therapy [RT]) and Michael V. Knopp, MD (for imaging)—serve as the IROC co-directors with Dr. Followill being the primary contact PI. The IROC leadership includes six PIs, each of whom manages the operation of their respective QA center. These 6 PIs are the voting members on the IROC Executive Committee that has the responsibility to ensure the IROC mission is carried out in accordance with the National Cancer Institute's requirements and directions.
- David S. Followill, PhD, from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and current PI for IROC Houston, will serve as the IROC Co-Director for RT and the the primary contact PI.
- Michael V. Knopp, MD, from The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute in Columbus and current PI for IROC Ohio, will serve as the IROC Co-Director for Imaging.
- Thomas J. FitzGerald, MD, from UMass Memorial Medical Center and the University of Massachusetts Medical School, is the current PI for IROC Rhode Island.
- Jeff M. Michalski, MD, MBA, from Washington University School of Medicine, is the current PI for IROC St. Louis.
- Ying Xiao, PhD, from Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, is the current PI for IROC Philadelphia (RT).
- Mark A. Rosen, MD, PhD, from the University of Pennsylvania Health System, is the current PI for IROC Philadelphia (imaging).