IROC’s radiotherapy credentialing provides a tiered approach to improve quality of radiotherapy treatment deliveries in the clinical trial setting and to improve protocol compliance. Credentialing requirements are built to fit the needs of evolving treatment techniques and modalities and to fit the needs of individual protocols.
Completion of one or more of the following credentialing steps is required prior to enrolling patients:
- Completion of facility questionnaire.
- Completion of a Credentialing Status Inquiry, as needed.
- Web-based protocol knowledge assessment.
- Benchmark cases demonstrating treatment planning capabilities and implementation of appropriate dosimetry parameters.
- End-to-end phantom irradiation study to assess the entire treatment process for a specific modality.
- Image-guided RT study to ensure clinical site processes allow for the accurate alignment of anatomy following protocol-specific instructions.